|By Jeremy Geelan||
|December 9, 2010 10:15 AM EST||
At an event aimed at lawyers and called "Doing Business in the Electronic Age," EMC VP and Deputy General Counsel Krish Gupta (pictured) has been emphasizing how cloud computing is the future of business. Virtualization and cloud computing are the top two priorities of CIOs, Gupta said.
The event, which aimed to present in-house counsel with information from other in-house practitioners, outside counsel, public agency counsel and others on a range of topics relating to electronic communications and record keeping, was held Thursday in Boston.
Gupta, a 12-year EMC veteran. was keynoting the event.
EMC is unusual in having created a blog devoted to chronicling its own internal journey building its own Private Cloud.
“A move to private cloud will transform what CIOs need from their IT teams," Sanjay Mirchandani, Senior VP and CIO at EMC, has written. Since private cloud is going to reshape IT roles, it also affects how leaders need to prepare to cross-train their best and brightest, Mirchandani notes.
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- The Advantages of Using Cloud Computing
- Industry Experts Discuss the State of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing and Big Data in 2013: What's Coming Next?