|By PR Newswire||
|September 4, 2014 02:46 PM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IDrive Inc., a leader in the online backup space, has announced hybrid cloud backup functionality enabling users to backup their important data locally as well as in the cloud.
While online backup helps users recover from disasters or data losses that can impact an entire organization or household, hybrid backup solves one of the biggest pain-points in the cloud, slow restore. As internet speeds can be sluggish, hybrid backup is a great addition to any backup strategy and is available to IDrive users at no cost.
"Hybrid backup was a feature our users demanded, adding local and cloud backup together was a natural step," said Raghu Kulkarni, CEO of IDrive. "Now IDrive users can have the best of both worlds with the ability to have their data secure on the local level as well in the cloud."
Security is also a high priority, as IDrive offers 256-bit AES encryption along with military grade private key encryption for an additional layer of protection not only for data stored in the cloud but also for local backup. "With our new hybrid approach, we are one of the few cloud players offering encryption at the local level and in the cloud," adds Kulkarni. "Cloud backup is one part of a larger overall data protection strategy, and adding local backup capabilities into our offering makes IDrive a more complete, valuable product to families and businesses alike."
Users can backup large amounts of data in minutes to any mapped drive including an external hard drive. Backups can also be scheduled to external hard drives or shared drives. IDrive's new hybrid backup functionality is also available to users who need to backup their SQL, Sharepoint, Exchange and Oracle data. IDrive offers both Pro Personal and Pro Business plans.
IDrive Inc. is a privately held company specializing in cloud storage, online backup, file sharing, remote access, compliance, sync and related technologies. Core services include IDrive®, IBackup®, RemotePC™ and EVS for developers. The company's services help over 2 million customers back up over 50 Petabytes of data.
SOURCE IDrive Inc.
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- The Advantages of Using Cloud Computing
- Industry Experts Discuss the State of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing and Big Data in 2013: What's Coming Next?